Participate and Make a Difference
Whether you play in the annual WakeMed Foundation golf tournament, attend a benefit concert, or run in the 5K Scrub Run, your participation and support of WakeMed Health & Hospitals is extremely important. By simply taking part in these events and activities, you help us raise valuable dollars that translate into advanced medical technology, expanded health care facilities and sought-after medical specialists. Thank you for helping us help our community.
- NC International Auto Expo - held each February, a portion of the proceeds from ticket sales benefit the WakeMed Children's Hospital. Just by attending, you are making a difference to our young patients.
- WakeMed Golf Tournament - held annually to raise funds for the WakeMed Children's Hospital. A highly competitive, school-against-school event with alumni from top North Carolina colleges competing for bragging rights for their school.
- WakeMed Scrub Run - held annually. A 10K or 5K run or walk to raise money and awareness for the important programs and services at WakeMed, and a 100 yard dash for the kids. There’s something for everyone.
- Love Light Tree - held annually in December. Donate a "light" or a "star" in honor or memory of someone.
- WakeMed Foundation Appreciation Gala - November 15, 2014
Donors who have contributed $1,350 or more during the year are invited to attend the annual Appreciation Gala. If you would like to be a part of the 2014 event, you can make your gift today online, by mail, or by phone.
- Movies by Moonlight at Koka Booth Amphitheatre - held each summer with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the WakeMe Children's Hospital.
For upcoming events, please visit our Events Page.